Tennis scholarships in the United States
Combine your academic studies and high-level training
Why apply for a tennis scholarship in the United States?
With a tennis scholarship, you can combine your studies and high-level training at a college with excellent facilities. This will help you improve your future career prospects.
Tennis scholarship requirements
- Baccalaureate (or equivalent in the country of origin)
- Required TOEFL score
- Required SAT score
*Depending on the university you apply to, the required score in these exams varies.
- Compete at amateur level: the player must not have signed a contract or received any money at professional level.
- Have a national / international ranking or UTR rating.
- Be a high-level tennis player who has been in a national squad (ATP or WTA Ranking) or a player who has shown promising results in his or her country.
How can we help?
SAT and TOEFL test preparation
These are essential requirements to qualify for a scholarship. For this reason, we offer preparation classes and tutoring to ensure success in these tests.
The right university for you
Considering that there are hundreds of universities with these types of programs, it is vital to choose those with the best scholarships. We help you choose your college and guide you through the paperwork.
Reserved only for the best. Scholarships that cover your tuition fees are a reality in these programs. Study for free in the United States and achieve your dream of playing at professional level.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a tennis scholarship in the United States?
To qualify for a tennis scholarship, you must have a strong academic record and have a good Universal Tennis rating.
Given that the selection process is standardized and there are hundreds of applicants, it is important to get professional advice to achieve the best results.
What kind of tennis players can apply for a scholarship?
As mentioned above, the programs are geared towards tennis players at amateur level.
Players who have trained at this level for years and meet the minimum application requirements are eligible.
Likewise, high-level players who have represented their country in a national squad (with an ATP or WTA Ranking) or players who have shown promising results in national tournaments would make excellent scholarship candidates.
Why study in the United States?
It’s no secret that American universities are among the best in the world.
The most prestigious universities in the country – MIT, Yale, Harvard, Stanford and Caltech – have consistently produced a plethora of notable alumni.
Successful candidates will not only have access to one of the best education systems today, but will also reap other benefits such as:
- Improving language skills: experts in second language acquisition agree that, in order to truly learn a language, speakers must be in constant contact with the culture of that language. The best way to do this is to spend some time living in the country to assimilate different dialects and learn how to skillfully navigate everyday conversations. Given that English is extremely important in the workplace, the possibilities of finding a job after graduation are greatly increased.
- Experiencing a different culture: this teaches us on a personal, academic and spiritual level. Hundreds of students from around the world come to study at American universities, creating a multicultural environment in which they can make new friends.
- Combining sport and studies: the academic program in American universities is adapted to the students’ needs. In this way, students will not have any difficulties in combining sport and studies thanks to flexible schedules and special programs.
Scholarships for tennis players in the United States
The best option for young athletes who have their sights set on a professional career.
Decoasports informs you that the personal data you provide by filling out this form will be processed by DecoaSports Servicios Académicos y Deportivos S.L. as responsible for this website.
- Purpose of the collection and processing of personal data: to manage the request you make in this contact form.
- Legitimation: Consent of the interested party.
The interested party gives his consent to the processing of his personal data for the aforementioned purpose.